As an associate with Henschel Moberg, Michelle Travers brings unique experiences to practicing family law. Michelle began working in family law as a paralegal in 1993. Michelle utilizes the knowledge she gained to assist clients in all areas of family law including: complex marital estates, property division, business valuation, nonmarital tracing, spousal maintenance, custody and parenting time, child support, orders for protection and harassment restraining orders.
Michelle enjoys helping families successfully navigate through complex family law matters. She is very dedicated to her clients and passionate in her representation.
While attending law school, Michelle was a student member of the Hamline University School of Law Alumni Board where she maintained a Board position until 2015. She is also a former Board Member of the Blaine Back Court Club, a non-profit youth basketball organization. Michelle is currently on the planning committee for the AAML Minnesota Chapter "Divorce Camp." She is also on the planning committee for the Brown Boys Benefit, a local non-profit organization.
In her spare time, Michelle enjoys spending time with her husband and two sons at home in Blaine. She also enjoys running.
- J.D., Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minn., 2014
- B.A., Bethel University, St. Paul, Minn., 2008
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Volunteer: Ramsey County Limited Scope Appointment, Sept. 2019 - present
- Divorce Camp Planning Committee Member, 2015 – present
- Brown Boy Benefit Planning Committee, Member 2018 - present
- Blaine Back Court Club, Board Member, 2014 - 2017
- Hamline University School of Law Alumni, Board Member, 2010 - 2014
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law Alumni, Board Member, 2014-2015
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Minnesota Rising Stars list 2019
- CALI award for Family Law Mediation, 2013
Classes and Seminars Taught
- Facilitator: “Divorce Camp 2019,” Minnesota Chapter American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers-September 2019
- Lecturer: “Your First Divorce: Property Division,” presented with Katie Merkel, Family Law Institute, March 19, 2019
- Facilitator: “Divorce Camp 2018,” Minnesota Chapter American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers-September 2018
- Lecturer: “Supporting the Family Lawyer: “Tips, Tricks and Pitfalls for the Family Law Paralegal,” presented with Jillian Stahl, Minnesota CLE, June 11, 2018
- Facilitator: “Divorce Camp 2017,” Minnesota Chapter American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers-October 2017
- Lecturer: “Supporting the Family Lawyer: Tips, Tricks and Pitfalls for the Family Law Paralegal,” presented with Jillian Stahl, Family Law Institute, March 21, 2017
- Facilitator: “Divorce Camp 2016,” Minnesota Chapter American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers-September 2016
- Facilitator: “Divorce Camp 2015,” Minnesota Chapter American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers-September 2015
- Keynote Speaker, Globe University Minnesota School of Business graduation ceremony, December 2014
- Co-Presenter, Continuing Legal Education for paralegal ethics, 2008